Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.Psalms 127:3-5 ESV

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Night 2

Night one of my experiment was, as I had expected, not fun.  The first 40 minutes were intense and Caleb cried pretty hard.  I was harder for me to see him cry than not, which was surprising.  I found myself not looking forward to my designated "check ups."  He eventually fell asleep after 2 and half hours.

On the second night, it took him less time to go down, but the problem is when he wakes up at 4:30am and I have to do the whole thing all over again, while fighting my own sleep coma.  I ended up giving in after an hour and bringing him into bed.  I'm a little disappointed with myself.  Since I just want him to get sleep, I justified it.  As soon as he hit my mattress, he rolled over, snuggled into me and was out cold.  `